Sunday, May 6, 2012

And suddenly, nothing else seems to matter...

It's true. All of my selfish desires have been replaced by an intense need to protect and love this little person growing inside me. Nothing has or probably ever will compare to this feeling. I'm already so attached to him/her, and all I can think about is what they will look like, who they will become, and if they will be happy with their life (I want that more than anything!) I know this is going to be the hardest, most rewarding job I've ever had, and I will do EVERYTHING within my power to be good at it. 

Sometimes I find myself thinking too far ahead. I just need to learn to relax and enjoy every moment of this experience. I need to take things day-by-day and live by one of my favorite quotes:

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." 

And breathe. Can't forget to breathe! 

In....and out. 

The beginnings of a baby bump :)

5 comments:

  1. You are going to be a wonderful momma. This baby is a wonderful gift to our whole family! He/she will be so loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so blessed to be able to experience the most powerful feeling of love you can ever imagine! Sara you will be a fantastic Mother! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great blog. You'll be able to look back on how you were feeling at each stage of this journey.

    My favorite quote: "Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." This journey will be one long breathtaking moment for you! Enjoy every second.

    You will be the best mom to this baby, no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, you guys! Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to be a PaPa, luv ya bunches! Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete